On January 3, 2011 I joined a gym. Not only did I join a gym, but I went to that gym. Every weekday that I was in town. Mostly by 6:30 am, but sometimes I “slept in”! Once, not so long ago I didn’t show up until about 8 pm. and did a very, very short walk in my stocking feet. That is something I will not be repeating again!
My starting weight on that auspicious day was 253.5 pounds. I now weigh around 225 pounds which means I lost just over half a pound per week. While this is not stellar by my higher standards, it marks a vast improvement over other years where I’ve lost maybe 10 pounds and sometimes even gained! I am not going to beat myself up over this. I did move towards my goal. But in this coming year, I intend to make some changes.
My 5 Colour Parachute has a broader life scope. This blog is about my health and more particularly about my weight. Here you will find the details. I hope you won’t find them tedious, but I will be trying to be consistent – and that’s the result!
Monday, Dec. 26, 2011: Today I sowed:
- 23 minutes moving the machinery at the gym – 10 minutes on the bike and 13 minutes on the treadmill.
- A good breakfast (vegetable soup)
- A good lunch (Vegetable soup)
- a piece of Crispy Chicken – not the best choice, but I wanted some protein at 5 pm.
- lots of raw carrots.
- a bowl of salad with 2 poached eggs and a slice of bread.
- a 100 calorie chocolate bar.
I think I ate enough fruits and veggies today. There are a few poor choices, but on the whole the pluses outweigh the minuses!